- National Board of Directors, Cult Awareness Network (CAN) , 1988-91.
- FOCUS (a support group for former cult members which became a committee of CAN in 1993), National Coordinator from 1986-90; Secretary, Board of Directors, 1990-94
- reFOCUS, (a network of referral and support for former members of closed, high demand groups, relationships or cults) A co-founding board member, secretary, 11/94; president, 3/97 to present
- International Cultic Studies Association (ICSA) [formerly AFF] Board of Directors, 1995 to present; Chairperson of Ex-Member Committee, Coordinator of Project Outreach; Director of Recovery Programs.
- CAN, New York/New Jersey affiliate (now known as the Cult Information Service),: Cult Information Service, P.O. Box 867, Teaneck, New Jersey 07666 (201) 833-1212 Executive Committee, 1985-91; Board of Directors, 1984-91. (this is the Original Cult Awareness Network, not the current one)
- Churches, temples, service organizations, high schools and universities (including N.Y.U., Columbia, University of Miami, Florida International University, University of Central Florida, Hofstra)
- Appearances on national television: Morton Downey Jr. Show, Oprah, Canadian Broadcasting Network’s Fifth Estate documentary on The Hunger Project, CBS: For Our Times; Inside Edition, Today Show.
- Many radio interviews, especially during the time of the Waco tragedy
- Interviews and quotes in many newspapers, magazines and journal articles, including Psychiatric Times.
- 2018 ICSA Lifetime Achievement Award to Carol and Noel Giambalvo
- 2011 ICSA Margaret Thaler Singer Award for spearheading the ICSA Recovery Workshop: Colorado Model. The team of facilitators also received the award in 2011: Rosanne Henry, Nancy Miquelon, Leona Furnari, Hal Mansfield, Joyce Martella, Michael Martella
2010 ICSA (International Cultic Studies Association) Margaret Thaler Singer Award for Advancing The Understanding Of Coercive Persuasion And Undue Influence. "Our responsibility to cult victims is to give them support, love, and understanding"
- 1993 Herbert L. Rosedale Humanitarian Award, AFF (American Family Foundation, now known as International Cultic Studies Association)
- Hall of Fame Award, National Cult Awareness Network (original CAN), 1991