- Exit Counseling: A Family Intervention. How to Respond to Cult-Affected Loved
Ones (AFF, second, revised edition 1996)
- The Boston Movement: Critical Perspectives on the International Churches of
Christ edited by Carol Giambalvo and Herbert Rosedale (AFF, 1996)
Authored: "A Brief History of the Boston Movement," chapter 1; "Exit Counseling and the Boston Movement," chapter 12; "An Examination of the Boston Movement in Relation to Thought-Reform Criteria," chapter 13.
- "Post-cult Problems: An Exit Counselor’s Perspective" Chapter 7, and "Exit Counseling: A Practical Overview" Chapter 8 (with David Clark, Noel Giambalvo, M.S., Kevin Garvey and Michael D. Langone, Ph. D.) Recovery from Cults. Help for Victims of Psychological and Spiritual Abuse, edited by Michael D. Langone (W. W. Norton, 1993)
- "Ethical Standards for Thought Reform Consultants" Carol Giambalvo, Joseph Kelly, Patrick Ryan, and Madeleine Landau Tobias.Cultic Studies Journal, (AFF, Volume 13, No 1, 1996)
- "Destructive Cults, Intervention, Exit Counseling" Chapter 3, Today’s Destructive Cults and Movements by Rev. Lawrence J. Gesy, Our Sunday Visitor Publishing Division, 1993)
- The Colorado Model of Recovery Workshops, Carol Giambalvo and Rosanne Henry,
ICSA Today, Vol. 1 No. 1 2010, p. 2-9
- An Open Letter to Clergy Regarding Helping Former Members of Abusive Churches
or Cults, Carol Giambalvo, ICSA Today Vol. 3 No. 2 2012, p. 6-8
- Coping with Cult-Induced Triggers, Carol Giambalvo, unpublished
- What Are the Blocks to Critical Thinking after the Cult? Carol Giambalvo, unpublished
- An Overview of the Recovery Process, Carol Giambalvo, an expansion of the model developed by Dr. Paul Martin
- From Deprogramming to Thought Reform Consultation, Carol Giambalvo, November
1998 presentation at AFF Conference, Chicago, IL
- "The Hunger Project: Inside Out" (Spiritual Counterfeits Project Journal, Volume 8:1, 1988) and revised, unpublished document.
- "Getting It and Losing It" (Spiritual Counterfeits Project Journal, Volume 8:1, 1988)
- "The Forum: est in the heir" (Spiritual Counterfeits Project Journal, Volume 8:1, 1988)
- Various unpublished works comparing the eight social and psychological criteria for thought reform by Robert Jay Lifton, M.D. to specific cults/groups.
- "Crossroads Church of Christ disassociates from Boston Church of Christ movement" (Cult Awareness Network News, May 1989)